Welcome to Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Online Course
Vincent Coppolino (AKA Dr Cop) and Andrea Renee’s Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Online Course provides monthly action plan videos and worksheets with tips and tools, plus live Q & A group calls. The design partners do the course too, working on their own makeover projects right along with participants. This self-paced course, with a private group, sharing ideas and resources, is the key to taking action, and making your makeover dreams come true!
During the self-paced course, with a raffle prize contest coming soon, participants receive a 15% discount on all merchandise purchased in- store and online. Plus, all participants are eligible to win a raffle prize of a hand crafted custom made jewelry piece by Andrea Renee and a 16 x 24 painting by Vincent, a $1,000 value! The raffle prize winner will be selected on the last day of the course, and the winner will be announced and contacted at that time. This course is based on time-proven techniques, derived from age-old practices, including elements of Fung Shui and Taoist philosophical principles. When the course is done, not only will you have a rocking space and/or wardrobe, but you’ll come away with an understanding of tried and true principles that you can use for the rest of your life. We look forward to sharing our artful living makeover experience with you!
Watch this video to see what Dr Cops Artful Living concept is all about!
Check out what Dr Cops Artful Living Concept is all about! When we surround ourselves with meaningful images at work and at home we remember what is most important to us and feel joyful and inspired to create our ideal life.
Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Course – Module 3, Using Feng Shui:
A. Feng Shui Basic Principles:
1. The 8 directions: In Feng Shui the 8 primary aspects of our lives have 8 directions in space (North, South, East, West) in our home. These 8 primary aspects of our lives include: 1. Relationships, 2. Helpful People, 3. Money, 4. Health, 5. Success, 6. Creativity, 7. Career, 8. Heaven (Spiritual Connection and cultivation). Using Feng Shui principles we can choose specific home decor items of furniture, fixtures, photos in any room of our home to symbolize, honor and remind us our intentions toward these 8 primary aspects of our lives. Home decor items are placed in very specific areas of the rooms of the home based on the North, South, East, West location direction of the rooms in the home. In a sense, by using Feng Shui in our home we can make our home a shrine that honor these 8 directions. The point of creating these shine spaces is to reminds us on a daily basis what is most important to us. Remembering our values symbolically in our home with our decor can inspire us to stay connected to our values and take right action in our choices each day to cultivate our highest good in every primary area of our lives.
2. 5 Element colors: The 5 Element colors are the primary colors of white light when it is broken down/separated by the prism effect of water being in the air after rain that reveals these primary colors to the human eye in rainbows. The primary colors see in rainbows are Yellow, white, blue, green, red. All the other colors we see in nature, art, and design are made from the mixing of different combinations of these 5 primary colors. In Taoist Traditional Chinese Medicine 5 Element Theory that is used in Feng Shui each color represents a season of nature in the calendar year as well as aspects and seasons of natural law operating in our own lives. Yellow is the color of the Earth Element which is the centering balancing aspect of our lives related to the late summer/early fall, “Indian Summer”, season in nature. White is the Metal Element related to the Fall season and the concept of clarity of action, refinement, organization and focus. Green is the Wood Element related to the energetic growth and development seen in nature in the Spring season and represents taking action in our lives, doing what we say, keeping our word, making things happen and getting things done. Red is the Fire Element related to the Summer season in which nature is at its peak living its full potential and highest good connected to the spirit and Heavens will for our lives.
As suggested in the 5 Step Quick Start Guide of this course we can choose colors for our home decor based on these 5 Element Color Theory Principles. And we can place them in specific rooms of our home to reinforce the best intentions we have for these aspects of our lives. For example we can choose to have Red in our Relationship area of our home which is the North East corner of our house. We can choose to make the North East corner room in our house our bedroom. These choices can symbolize our intention to enjoy divine meaningful relationships in our lives and connect with our spirit and Heaven when we rest.
3. 5 Element materials: The natural materials in our world are Earth (dirt/rock), Metal, Water, Wood and Fire and also like the 5 Element colors above they relate to the 5 primary Element aspects of our lives in Feng Shui. We can choose decor with these natural elements and place them in specific areas of the rooms of our home to create shrine-like reminders of our values.
4. Energy/blessings/what we want in life is thought of in Feng Shui as entering our life symbolically though the front door of our home. Note the first primary rule of Feng Shui is to DE-CLUTTER!!!! We don’t have any room in our homes or our symbolically our lives if all of our space is over filled with clutter.
We can paint our front door red to call divine energy to our door. From our front door we welcome the divine energy into our lives by facing furniture like a couch for example towards the front door so when we are seated we have a greeting view of the front door. Plus we invite the divine energy entering our front door to travel through our house into each room. By putting a crystal mobile above a door way and/or painting a door way red we invite the divine energy into the different rooms of our home that that symbolizes the primary different aspects of our lives. In a nut shell per applying Feng Shui principles of design we want our decor to help the energy from our front door to flow easily into all of our rooms symbolically affirming what we most want in our lives.
B. Watch Videos coming soon:
Video 1: Feng Shui Basics
Video 2: Feng Shui Success Wall Example
C. Take Action:
1. Evaluate your clutter:
A. Make a commitment to clear clutter on a weekly basis. Plan a specific day and time for de-clutter and make an appointment for it in your calendar. Treat it as a “Dr” appointment in the sense that you really won’t miss it. Show up for your de-clutter appointment and do a de-clutter project once a week at least for 1-2 hours one day/week. Spend this 1-2 hours a week boxing/bagging any home decor and/or clothing and/or other materials you no longer use/need. Commit to clearing any items in your home you have not used in over a year for example. Write down a specific de-clutter commitment and stick to it. Most importantly make de-cluttering FUN!!! Invite friends to join you in de-clutter projects. Help each other with each other’s projects while playing your favorite music and serving refreshments. Make de-cluttering a fun party experience you look forward to sharing. Plan a reward for finishing your de-clutter projects each week like going to a movie, getting a spa treatment, treating yourself to dinner, what ever rewards you would enjoy the most.
B. Plan your first 5-10 de-clutter projects. For example starting with whatever room/area you are making over brainstorm and make a list of what can you donate to charity, give to friends or family that you no longer need and/or enjoy. Write the dates and names of your de-clutter projects on your calendar and show up, get them done, make it fun, and reward yourself afterward!
2. Evaluate your current room locations and furniture placement per these Feng Shui concepts covered above and in the videos:
A. Note the direction location of the room(s)/area of your home you are making over along with the other rooms of your home.
B. Notice if your current furniture arrangement of chairs, couches, bed etc. are facing away from the entry doors of the rooms. Note that you can consider adding mirrors strategically in a room so that you can see the reflection of the entry doors if the furniture is facing away from doors and you don’t want to rearrange.
C. Plan any changes in the use of rooms and/or furniture arrangement you want to make.
D. Plan the days and times you will make these changes. Plan for 1-2 hour blocks of uninterrupted time to take action and get the changes done. And remember to make taking action fun. The right music for example can really make what ever you are doing an enjoyable experience.
3. Don’t forget to reward yourself when you finish you action sessions. Take before and after photos of your de-clutter and room/furniture arrangement projects. Share your progress with this group and your friends. Let all of us cheer you on and celebrate all your progress every step of the way!
Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Course – Module 2, Sharing Your Plan:
A. Dive in:
1. Make your own 2-5 minute BEFORE Video and/or Take BEFORE Photos.
State out loud in the video and/or write a caption for your photo from your Quick Start Guide answers for your BEFORE images of what you want your space to become that you would enjoy the most. You have Downloaded your 5 Step Quick Start Guide PDF here: Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Course
2. Share the video and/or photos in our private Dr Cops Artful Living Makeover Course Facebook group. All members have been invited to the group. If you don’t see that you have been added to this group please request to be a member of the group here and we’ll make it happen.
3. Ask any questions you have so far about the Quick Start Guide, the course, your project, your hosts, design partners Andrea Renee and Dr Cop and the group are all here to help and collaborate with you!
B. Watch Videos (New Videos released bi-monthly on this page):
Video 1: Dr Cops Artful Living Concept
Video 2: Makeover Course Intro Video
Here is the BEFORE video of Dr Cops design partner Andrea Renee’s patio that she plans to makeover in Dr Cops Artful Living Makeover Course. Her vision is to have a tranquil, sanctuary, transformable space to relax and entertain friends, read, do yoga, and meditate outdoors at her home this summer!
C. Take Action:
1. Review your Quick Start Guide:
A. Make a list of the meaningful symbols you listed from answering questions in your Quick Start guide.
B. Keep this list with you and notice where you see these colors and animal totems as you go through your day and shop for items for you makeover project.
2. Keep a daily journal and list when you see these reminders of your special colors and animal totems in your daily life and how you feel after you take a moment to consciously appreciate them and think about what matters most to you.
3. Make a brainstorm list of how you will bring those symbolic images into your environment at your home or office? Here are some examples:
A. Bring in your special colors that represent what you want more of in your life such as, green for vitality and health, by investing in new curtains for your windows, a new bed spread, new set of dishes or coffee mugs. Consider painting an accent wall your special color in your living room, bathroom and/or bedroom.
B. Bring in your animal totems by choosing a space in your home to hang a piece of art such as a photo or painting. Or by investing in home accessories like a vase the shape of a fish or throw pillows for your couch or bed with an animal print.
C. Keep your special colors and animal totem symbols that inspire you in the forefront of your mind wherever you go and enjoy how they show up for you when you are shopping for your makeover project.
Check out the examples below of the meaningful inspiration behind these paintings chosen by Dr Cop art collectors:
Here are some examples of Dr Cops art collectors that purchased paintings from Dr Cops PopUp Shop to display in their homes.
March 13, 2014 –
Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Course – Module 1, Getting Started:
A. Get Started:
Download your 5 Step Quick Start Guide PDF here: Dr Cops In-Spring-ation Artful Living Makeover Course
B. Watch Videos (New Videos released bi-monthly on this page):
Every two weeks during this course we will share 1 or more videos with you here on this page along with action steps for you take over the next two weeks related to the video content and working on your make over project. Designers Vincent and Andrea Renee will be taking action right along with you on their own makeover projects and invite you to share your questions, comments and results right along with their own on the Dr Cop Facebook Page and via email. Vincent and Andrea Renee will respond to your posts and emails weekly to cheer you on and offer more tips, tools and resources for your makeovers!
Video 1: Inspiration
To help us reconnect with our purpose and resolutions, Dr Cop interviewed his customers at Dr Cops PopUp shop and asked them, “What inspires you?” Inspiration moves us and keeps us motivated to follow through and do what we really want to do no matter what. Our environment and even our wardrobe can remind us what is most important to us and fuel our fire to make it happen. That’s what Dr Cops Artful Living concept is all about.
C. Take action:
1) Print out your 5 page 5 step Quick Start Guide and make a handy binder notebook to keep it in along with extra blank note paper and room to add upcoming worksheets and notes for your ongoing makeover project work. Start answering the questions in each section on pages 2-5.
2) Watch the Inspiration Video and ask yourself what inspires you? What do you love to see and do?
3) Write down your top 5 inspiration answers in your Quick Start Guide in the “What’s My Inspiration?” section 2.
4) Look at your Dr Cops Artful Living Makeover Course Quick Start Guide workbook often. Answer all the questions of steps 1-5 and review your answers over the next two weeks. On a daily basis keep these inspiring answers in mind when you are thinking about, planning and designing your makeover project.
5) Notice how you feel more positive and energetic when you write down and review your workbook answers and connect with the most meaningful symbolic images of your values that inspire you. Start keeping a daily journal about how you consciously choose to take action each day by remembering to experience what inspires you on a daily basis for the next two weeks. For example you can start taking daily action by choosing what colors you wear each day based on the Feng Shui 5 Element Theory Colors explained in your quick start guide workbook.
We look forward to sharing with you how we all take artful living action together over the next two weeks! Have Fun!- Dr Cop and Andrea Renee